BIG THANKS to Traeger Grills for the recipe!
TASKS FOR CHILDREN
Ages 3 to 5 Wash vegetables Brush sliced vegetables with oil Sprinkle with pre-measured amounts of salt and pepper
Ages 5 to 7 All tasks above Slice zucchini/squash with kid-safe knife Layer cooked vegetables per instructions
Ages 8 to 12 All tasks above Place vegetables on grill grate with long tongs
Ages 13+ All tasks above Turn on grill, set temp, monitor Slice tomato, red onion with sharp knife Monitor and flip vegetables while cooking
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash (or additional zucchini if unavailable)
- 1 large tomato
- canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F) with the lid closed for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice all vegetables to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Lightly brush each vegetable with oil and season with Traeger's Veggie Shake or salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potato, onion, zucchini, and squash on grill grate and grill for 20 minutes or until tender, turn halfway through.
- Add tomato slices to the grill during the last five minutes of cooking time.
- For presentation, alternate vegetables while layering them vertically. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from our Grilled Ratatouille Salad recipe.