TASKS FOR CHILDREN
Ages 3 to 5 Count out the marshmallows Break and count chocolate squares
Ages 5 to 7 All tasks above Slice mini croissants in half
Ages 8 to 12 All tasks above Layer marshmallows, chocolate squares on hot croissant half, top with the other half
Ages 13+ All tasks above Turn on grill, set temp, monitor Toast sandwiches on grill
- 6 mini croissants, sliced in half
- 25 large marshmallows
- 8 ounces thin squares good-quality chocolate
- Heat the grill to medium-high (400°F)
- Place the croissant halves on the grill grate, cut-side down and toast the croissants for only one minute (they will toast quickly so keep a close eye on them).
- Remove from grill and assemble the s'mores by layering marshmallows and chocolate squares and top with the other croissant half to make a toasty croissant s'mores sandwich.
- Place the croissant sandwiches on the grill and toast for 30 seconds to one minute to allow the chocolate to melt and marshmallows to get golden.
- Remove the s'mores from the grill and serve warm while they're still gooey. Enjoy!
STAY SAFE AND HAVE FUN
The past 4 weeks, the Houts & Home blog has posted 4 grilling recipes. The activities in these four recipes will give kids an age-appropriate introduction to key cooking and grilling tasks. Make sure you always supervise as they work, and pay close attention to tasks they're trying for the first time. These simple recipes should make the process foolproof and fun.
See here for the overall Kids in the Kitchen cooking guide from Traeger Grills.
BIG THANKS TO TRAEGER GRILLS for sharing their recipes!